Formal Upright Style Chokan
- In this style of bonsai the trunk line is vertical with the apex located over the center of the trunk base.
- The straight trunk line has a very uniform taper from base to apex.
- Each successive branch is, or appears to be, shorter than those below it.
- The distance between successive branches is maximum at the base and decreases towards the apex.
- The tree has more or less a cylindrical shape.
- This style resembles those trees in nature which are growing under the most favourable conditions of soil, climate, humidity and sunlight.