2 cup fresh rose petals (preferably desi/wild rose ( make sure no insecticide spray))
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fruit pectin( optional)
- Wash the rose petals thoroughly in running water, making sure no mites or insects are present
- Spread the washed petals on a clean sheet to remove excess water.
- Once dry, macerate the petals with 1.5 cups of sugar in a glass bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in fridge for 24 hrs.
- After 24 hours place 1 cup of water on heat, add rose petals macerated in sugar on simmer heat for 5 mins. (Rose petals lose their colour)
- Add fresh lemon juice and simmer for 10 mins. You will notice that the colour of petals is back.
- Add pectin along with remaining half cup sugar.
- Simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Beautiful fragrant Turkish rose petal jam ready.
- Enjoy with fresh bread, bun, scone, cookie or on your vanilla ice cream.